Protesters and police square off for a forth night in Ferguson, Missouri – photos and video

by The Daily Lede

courtesy St Louis Today

courtesy David Carson

Protesters have gathered for another night of demonstrations demanding justice for the fatal shooting of an unarmed teen Saturday by a Ferguson police officer.

What started as a peaceful gathering near the location where Michael Brown was killed began to deteriorate with the arrival of tactical police units who drew sniper rifles toward the crowd and demanded that protesters immediately leave the area.

courtesy Paul Szoldra

courtesy Paul Szoldra

courtesy The Miinz

courtesy The Miinz


Reporters Arrested

An incident earlier in the evening saw the arrest of two reporters, Ryan Reilly of the Huffington Post and Wesley Lowery of the Washington Post, for failing to leave a McDonalds restaurant “quickly enough” when asked by police.

Huffington Post reporter Ryan Reilly arrested by Ferguson police -courtesy Robert Cohen

Huffington Post’s Ryan Reilly arrested by Ferguson police – courtesy Robert Cohen

“Officers slammed me into a fountain soda machine because I was confused about which door they were asking me to walk out of,” tweeted Lowery.

Lowery says officers refused to give out their names when asked and both reporters were later released without charges.

Lowery also notes an incident transpiring when he and fellow reporter, Huffington Post’s Ryan Reilly, were being led away:

A large black man was SCREAMING for help in back of police truck.  “I’m dying. I’m dying. Please call help he screamed,” said Lowery.  Lowery reports the officers mocked the man and ignored the mans calls for paramedics.


Tear Gas & LRAD’s

Tactical units began to clear the area shortly after 10:00pm edt deploying LRAD and lobbing tear gas and flash bangs to disperse the crowd.  The crowd quickly moved back without incident and all remains quiet for the time being.


Currently the municipality of Ferguson remains on lock down with a low altitude commercial no-fly zone in effect for a period of one week and a media ban which threatens reporters with arrest.